Click Play To Hear A Message From Rex


Get a Voki now!

Thursday, September 2, 2010

CCAT2 - Use What Ya' Got and Delicious Faux Pearls

Crafty Catwalk Challenge


Yes, I collect pretty paper.  Well, I don't mean to collect it, I purchase it, but then find it too pretty to use.  Crazy, I know.  Do you have this affliction?  Then, stop by the Crafty Catwalk and take this challenge!  It's fun and gives you an excuse to Use What Ya' Got!

Inspired by Miu Miu's sunglasses, the challenge here is to use your designer paper as a frame for the focal image of your project. 

Crafty Catwalk Challenge



So what's a girl to do when she wants pearls, but spends most of her money on pretty paper?  Make faux pearls, of course!  I really wanted the little flowers to pop off and on the card, so I folded the petals upward, adhered them with foam dimensionals, and added... my own faux pearls!

Discovering this technique, to me, was delightful... no... rather... delicious!  So, I am also including this as part of a SCS challenge CAS82:  Be inspired by the word "delicious."

I'll try to post tomorrow the how-to for making these faux pearls - so easy - so fun!  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin